When entertaining friends and family for meals
- What will you serve ?
- What will the theme be ?
- Decide how much time you have and what you can make within that time.
Then get to the fun stuff – the theme & decorations.
Themes relate to Holidays like Halloween as well as the mood you want to convey.
Rustic and country ? bare table with Sunflowers in a large canning jar. Checked napkins.
Sophisticated country ? Linen cloth with interesting napkins. Use black or metal
Mix up your table decorations. Three beer bottles with a flower in each.
Perhaps a small hand picked herb and flower bunch in front of each place setting. Buy jars from the Thrift store.
Theme determines color and style.
- Make it easy by purchasing or making place mats or tablecloths that match your style and dining room. Find fun, cheap vintage table linens on Etsy.com
- Purchase a couple of options when you see good stuff on sale.
- Ensure you have enough plates and silverware for the entertaining you do on a ongoing basis. Takes the stress out of getting ready.
Buy items that are versatile so you can get creative when making the table looked dressed.
Shop garage sales, thrift stores and local discount stores.
When Pottery Barn is having a sale, buy that decorative item you have been eyeing, and buy it in multiples if you need to.
Make a change this Thanksgiving with a blue and green nature theme.
- Woven mats, or a linen cloth.
- Blue plates and green leaf plates,
- embroidered napkins
- bark candles or items from nature for the centerpiece.
- Name tags can be leaf shapes cut out and hung on back of chair, with string.
- Simple glasses and clean looking cutlery or something with twigs.
Serving platters are important.
Bread containers, cheese plates. Appetizer containers – whatever items you use over and over.
Find the pieces that fit your style budget and repetitive needs.
For big ticket items, budget or ask gift givers to give toward your heart’s desire.
Or follow them on Ebay or watch for sales at places like Gumps
No one can tell if you bought your items at Ikea or Macy’s.
Be a wise shopper and you will entertain with style and ease.
Its all about content.