Can do easy changes
- Lift the rugs and keep the floors bare or change to grass or indoor outdoor mats. Fabulous selections at big box or local hardware stores.
- remove heavy drapes and just keep the sheers or lighten up with a sheer in a summer color – host of fabulous nets for a couple dollars a yard in every color of the rainbow in the dress fabric section. Rattan blinds work too.
- Buy or cover pillows in a matching light hearted print. and store the winter weights till the cold comes in.
- Add some some plants or a tree with color and texture, change out the pots to match the mood – cover a simple pot in a painted motif to match the cushions or cover in the same fabric. Cut to fit or glue on. or use grass baskets.
- Paint the front door a lively lavender or another summer color. Add a potted arrangement to pull the color of the house and the door together, and give punch. or just paint the mailbox and knocker.
- Place colorful doormats at all the outside doors, and add a bamboo screen, or a door curtain, to give privacy while letting in light and air.
- Change out the lampshades for lighter brighter textures to invoke the summer mood.
- Replace the heavy accessories to accent the summer feel using shells, buckets or string balls and marbles. Glass containers add light, mirrors reflect.
- Change the art – family photographs at the beach, shells or picnic scenes. Strawberries. Whatever brings sunlight and warmth to your heart, and echoes your theme.
- Add summer scented candles, and glass jars with flowers from the garden, and lanterns you can hang indoors and outdoors.